McDonalds on Indiana tollway look likes old America

Ed West
   I often enjoy stopping at the McDonalds on the Indiana toll road on I 80 in northwest Indian because in the few times I have been there it reminds me of what America use to look like. I have yet to see a person of color in these times and just am shocked waiting one out before I have to go back on the road. it is quite astonishing and pretty surprising when one considers that Gary Indiana is not that far away. Perhaps blacks and other minorities just take the nearby freeway and bypass this more expensive tollway leaving Northwest Indiana with a bastion free of looking at minorities. The amount of corruption that is in the eight county Chicago area ensured that corruption minded cultures from around the world would settle in this region and the Chicago area and suburbs are a United nation simulation although there is strong segregation on where people live and pray in the area. It seems like there is no area immune from daily sightings of minorities except the ultra wealthy regions on the North Shores of Chicago's suburbs near the lake. Regardless where you live though if you go out in public you will constantly see faces from all around the world and the suburbs never use to be this way. This is why perhaps I enjoy going through this Indiana toll road and stop at McDonalds as it is one McDonalds that resembles the golden arches of my youth where a black or brown face was hardly seen and shocking when it was on display and lost in suburbs of my youth. I really enjoy this tollstop if you have to use it. On this toll way there are no exits without paying again and this is the only rest stop and food area for miles. I have often sat and waited but the only thing chocolate in this place is the center candy and coffee café that greet visitors to this rest toll stop on the Indiana toll road. It is a nice café where you can sit and put down your purse and bag without any worries or mingle without the annoying attempts to get you to give a handout spare change that is so often the case on the streets of downtown Chicago and Milwaukee.

No comments:

Post a Comment