The extra from Starsky and Hutch

NEXT »

Otis Glass the great mop pushing extra from Huggie's bar in Starsky and Hutch

Ned Baily


 
Otis is going to be the extra of 2011. He was the great extra who tended to mundane cleaning duties for Huggy bear at his place on this television show. Like Mojo Harris from Hogan's Heroes, Otis camera duties often went unnoticed in the seventies. Luckily, there are bloggers like myself forty years later that will pay homage to the important work these guys did for these classic television shows in my mind. I am partial to extras as I have done this same grueling work a few times here and there over the years. Otis will be featured alot on this blog in 2011 as I think I have already praised the unheralded extra from Hogan's Heroes enough.
In this scene which I introduce Otis, he is mopping the floor diligently as Hutchinson is talking on the pay phone as usual. These detectives always seemed to be looking or talking on a pay phone. Hutch slams the phone very hard which makes Otis turn to see what the commotion is all about. he gives Huggy and Hutch a disapproving look for the way they treated a Bell product. A great job by this extra actor and there will be more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment