The time Baxter visited Jess's Shortstop Inn

Baxter Lomax


I went to check out Jess's shortstop Inn on Belmost Avenue a few years back and after the infamous night a fat Italian Chicago cop beat the fuck out of a Polish bartender. This incident made news internationally as a surveillance camera captured the entire event and it went to evening broadcasts everywhere. This incident made bartenders like myself looking behind our back and suspiciously to any big looking urban hicks like this guy whose name escapes me right now. Anthony Abbate or something. I mean he beat the shit out of this bitch and bartenders always have to be careful what they say and act towards drunk belligerent patrons. There was once this fellow bartender at the Itasca Inn who was known for his smart ass responses and one day he found forty key marks on his Chevy Tahoe.  Well yours truly Baxter went to this bar to check it out and see the spot of where this awful incident happened. I also wanted to say I was there being in the region and the areas most prolific critic and writer of bars. I went there and this young Polish guy was intent on me buying him drinks and from what I could make out wanted to be taken home. This fuckhead was on the wrong part of Belmont and like Frank Rizzo of Jerky boys fame just wanted any hole as long it was warm. I thought there was going to be another filmed incident if I stopped buying him his cheap miller and quietly snuck out the bar. he followed in tow demanding to know where me and my holes were going and luckily I was parked right in front of the bar. I told him I was coming back having to go to the ATM. I sped off not looking back and the morale of the story always be careful in strange Polish bars




No comments:

Post a Comment